My writer/blogger friend ‘writernubbin’ has passed on the Versatile Blogger Award and I’m one of the seven lucky recipients.
My reward is really that I’ve gained some new visitors to my blog because visitors to her blog has followed links there to here (The Hook being one of them). So I thank her for that. But I am also glad she thought of my blog when she had to come up with her seven.
So what I’m supposed to do is pass on this award to seven more recipients and also list seven things about myself that you might not know. Now, I can easily come up with seven bloggers I like to read, but it might be hard to list things about me I haven’t already disclosed on this blog already, lol.
Here’s my list of seven blogs I enjoy and believe should accept this award:
- Janet Sunderland from Spiritual Crossroads - she tackles some really difficult topics sometimes and I appreciate her take on matters.
- Claire Croxton from Booger County Arkansas – we Booger county writer-gals have to stick together. All-around very versatile woman.
- Jan Morrill’s Thoughts over Coffee - another one of my local versatile writer friends.
- Doug from Ironwoodwind is another very versatile writer, but he’s not been posting to his blog much lately. Maybe this will kick – er – I mean give him a kick-start.
- K.D. McCrite’s been very busy with a writing project, but Mae B. might be able to work up the response to this award for her.
- Noelle Pierce is an old Authonomy writer-friend and a very versatile blogger, too.
- Sonia from Doing the Write Thing is another blog I enjoy reading.
Those are not all the blogs I enjoy and if I had time I could list a lot more. And I have some writer friends who don’t have blogs (yet), so they weren’t even a candidate for this award this time.
Okay, seven things about me you might not know…
- I used to have goats for milk.
- Once I had a cat, who had kittens, who had kittens… and I wound up with 13 cats in what seemed like no time flat. (Managed to find good homes for them all and get the one or two left spayed).
- I’ve always wanted to live in the Rockies.
- Damn, that’s only three things and I’m drawing blanks…
- When I was in fourth grade, I got failing marks on papers because my handwriting was too small, and my teachers told me my prose was too flowery (when they could read it).
- I love to cook.
- I’m not afraid of snakes, but stinging, buzzing insects can cause me to jump from moving vehicles.