So the story rewrite is finished and now that one is out on submission again. I’ve been working on administrative stuff (ha. Saying that just makes me feel like I’m taking my writing seriously as a business, you know.)
I did get back to my Q1V29 entry but have found it so engrossing I can’t work on the editing for Symbiosis while I’m working on it. This story rocks. I know I’m biased, but even among my own stories I have favorites and so far this one is it. I’m loving it and if the finished product is as good as I feel it will be, it’ll find a home somewhere even if it doesn’t win that contest. I’ll get back to work on Symbiosis when I’m done with this story.
Other things have come in on my writerly horizon too. I’m in the process of reviewing Dr. Harrison Sowlow’s bio and previous interviews so I can come up with questions she hasn’t already addressed a thousand times. I’m very excited to be in communication with her because she’s a fascinating person with incredible experiences in the professional scifi field.
This week’s goals:
- Review Dr. Sowlow’s information
- Continue working on my Q1V29 entry for Writers of the Future
- Find and photograph a subject for this week’s Friday Fictioneers
This year’s goals:
- Finish editing Symbiosis
- Write and submit six short stories to pro markets
- Plan a 100-word anthology based on my photography, consider who might like to write for such a project, estimate how many I’d need.