I did something yesterday I said I’d never do again. Opened a Blogger blog. Why? Because it has been so difficult trying to post comments on the Blogger blogs of my writing community.
No. I did not swap to Blogger for my blogging platform. However, since I already have a Gmail account with Google, I have a profile with Google that automatically drops in to the comment identification critera (when I am signed into the email) and Blogger is owned by Google…
Well, if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em. So now I have a ‘Portal’ blog on Blogger that you will see if you click on one of my comment name links on a Blogger blog… here’s Lisa McCourt Hollar’s for example. Scroll down to my comment and click on my name and see, it’ll bring you to my profile where my blog is listed. If you click on that blog you’ll find out what I did. (Here’s the profile page it brings you to if you want to skip searching for my comment.)
As long as I stay signed into the Gmail account while I’m visiting blogs, it automatically identifies me with my new portal profile on Blogger blogs. And as long as I’m also logged into my WordPress account, it automatically associates me with that profile on WP blogs.
Hopefully Blogger won’t kick me out for using their platform to direct people back to my WordPress blog!
But in the meantime now I can easily leave a comment on almost everyone’s blog.
- Edit short story: I’m about halfway done with my editing, but the deadline now looms so that’s the one important thing on my writerly list this week.
- Early rising: I was up at 0430 this morning, a good start to the rest of the week. By Friday I should be up at 0415 if not 0400.
- Finish Symbiosis: The longer it takes me to finish that weekly goal, the farther behind I’m getting on my one annual goal. This does cause me a bit of anxiety so I wish I’d get the short story finished.
- Early rising: Be so in the habit of rising at 0400 that I do it without the alarm.
- Learn to make ebooks: Make a collection of my flash available on the ebook formats
What are your goals for this week and this year? If you’ve been having trouble leaving comments at blogs operated by Blogger, check out my workaround and see if it’s something that would work for you, too.
And for something that has nothing at all to do with writing … Here’s an audio treat for you from the night sounds of spring in the Ozarks: Spring Peepers