I’m on the last page of the short story edit and the ending has me stumped. Ends are the hardest part for me. Not only that, now the word count is over 10K words, so I’ll have to go back through and cut once I get the end repaired.
All week last week I did good with my waking time. Made it out of bed at 0430 every day. This week is not off to such a good start. It was 0445 before I finally decided to turn on the lamp. Turning on the lamp seems to be a cue that works for me. If I turn it on, I might laze around for a few more minutes but I won’t ordinarily go back to sleep. If I leave it off, I snooze. And lose.
But I didn’t get to bed as early as I needed to last night, so tonight I’ll do better and tomorrow I’ll be back on track.
Goals are similar this week, but I should finish the editing, at least the first pass, tonight or even at lunch today. Then I’ll just go through and weed words until it’s back to or below 10K. I’ve added a couple other things to the list that have to be done this week.
- Wake up at
04450430 each morning
- Finish editing Wand of Ash
- Register for OCW conference
- Layout bulk postcard order, send files to printer
- Finish polishing Symbiosis so I can send it on it’s way to the next phase of life
- Begin readings at a public venue for our local Friday Fictioneers
- learn to convert to ebook format
- Compile all the flash I’ve written so far into a collection for Kindle