NOTICE: THE FICTIONEERS HAVE MOVED TO Rochelle Wisoff-Field’s blog. Please follow us there to participate every Friday. Photos are posted ever Wednesday. My blog has moved to www.Madison-Woods.com and I’d love to see you there!
A couple of news items:
- I’ve created a Facebook page for Friday Fictioneers. If you aren’t on Facebook, don’t worry, you’ll still be able to leave your links here. I’m not sure how it will work out, but a few people have asked for one, so I’m going to do it.
- Second. On the first Wednesday of the month from now on we’ll feature a Fictioneer’s photo . This one is from Mary Shipman. If you want to send in a photo to use next month use the email addy in the sidebar at the top. It has to be one of your own pictures, not one you’ve found on the internet. Okay, put your best efforts on display for 100 words (more or less) and hop on board so we can all see what you’ve written this Friday (come back to my blog and follow the links).
Why only 100 Words
100-words isn’t a *rule* and some of us write more than that. My goal is to have The Friday Fictioneers use 100-word stories as an exercise in choosing concise phrases and strong verbs. It’s an excellent way to show your stuff to the world without exposing too much. It’s okay if you use more words, but if it’s much more let us know in the comments so we’ll know how to allocate our time if we’re trying to read all the posts.
Put your best efforts on display for 100 words (more or less) and hop on board Friday with links back to your blog so we can all see what you’ve written. If you don’t have a blog of your own you are welcome to post your 100 words in the (Friday) story page.
Here’s the link to the story page. If you accidentally post your link here on this page today, you’ll miss out on a lot of the blog hopping because the action will be stemming from links on the story page.
How to become a Fictioneer
- Write a 100-word story (more or less, and it’s okay if you didn’t use this picture for inspiration)
- Post your story to your blog on Friday (or just link to it now if you wrote earlier)
- If you’re a WordPress user, include “Friday Fictioneers” as one of your tags so you’ll show up on the tag search.
- Comment on my story Friday and post a link to your story.
- Tweet your link to me (@madison_woods) and include the tag #FridayFictioneers if you’re on Twitter.
- Visit and comment on all the other stories that link to my story. If the comment forms allow, leave your link on all your comments, so others can find you and us later on.
- Check back often because participants post throughout the day.
- Get psyched up to do this again next week
You can click the “Flash Fiction” tab at the top to read a little more about Friday Fictioneers. I hope to see your creativity shining!