I slept late this morning and didn’t get up until 0500. Why? Because I didn’t get to bed until after 2300 last night. That’s why. Getting to bed early enough is the most difficult obstacle in the way of my goal of getting up early.
To meet my intended deadline of having Symbiosis edited by August, I’ll have to buckle down. I’m on p. 67 and I have 90 days left to do it. If I want the total page count to be around 350 then that means I have to do 3.1 pages a day. Of course life doesn’t always allow me to do what’s on my list. So I’m going to set my page count goal higher to allow for days when I can’t do it.
So that’s the only thing changed on my goal list for this week. When I have personal goals move up in priority, I’ll start listing them here too, because those are the things that interfere with the writerly goals if I’m not careful. I have one to add this week.
- Go to bed by 2130
- Wake up at 0430
- edit at least 5 pages per day on Symbiosis
- clear electric fence lines (need weedeater, machete’ and loppers)
- Finish polishing Symbiosis so I can send it on it’s way to the next phase of life
- Begin readings at a public venue for our local Friday Fictioneers
- learn to convert to ebook format
- Compile all the flash I’ve written so far into a collection for Kindle
What’s on your ‘must-do’ list this week?