Thanks for joining us today!
Readers: Go here. Mine’s the one under the pic and everyone else leaves links for theirs in the comments. Enjoy!
- Here’s the story. Leave your links in the comment section there.
- Here’s the prompt page.
- If your blog requires multiple steps for visitors to leave comments, see if you can simplify it. If you can disable CAPTCHA, please for the sake of our writerly nerves, disable it.
We welcome readers and writers to enjoy and contribute to our collection of 100-word stories. Every Friday the Fictioneers gather here from all over the globe to share stories, offer criticism and encourage each other.
Many of us are published and have titles to offer – some of us are just starting out and are learning the ropes of both writing AND blogging. If you find yourself intrigued by one of our 100-word short shorts, then browse around that author’s blog and see if they can sate a bigger appetite for you too!
If you’re an author, you’re encouraged to leave a slug line to your latest title for sale after your 100-word entry. Also, a 25-word pitch would be perfect for this. Please limit it to that so this event doesn’t become a ‘Buy My Book’ push instead of the generous community it has become.
A new procedure
- To make sure everyone gets at least several reads, let’s try this. When you post your link, come back to read the two before yours and the three after yours.
- If you are one of the first, then read back (if there is one behind you, if not consider mine to be the first) and read forward for a total of at least five reads.
- Likewise if you are last – just read backwards for a total of five reads.
A couple other things:
- If you have CAPTCHA (the word/letter scramble) enabled, please disable it at least on Friday and Saturday.
- If you want crit, be sure to specify that in your comment when you leave your link. We have some very good editor types in this group who have valuable advice to offer.
- If you do NOT want crit, it might be a good idea to specify that, too.